- Miss class
- Be overextended
- Don’t read the assignments
- Inadequate preparation: No or poor study preparation for quizzes and exams, studying the wrong information
- “Too little, too late,” waiting until the night before to read shapter assignments
- Mañana - Waiting to the last day(s) to write your interpretive essay.
- Waiting until it’s too late to ask for help when struggling
- Failure to prioritize studying when struggling academically. Failing students are unwilling to make sacrifices to improve their scores.